



A week ago my sweet hubbie surprised me with some gift certificates to go hot air ballooning. (actually I opened up the mail that had the gift certificates in them, so I kinda ruined the surprise....but not really, because it was still a total surprise, especially for Gavin to do something like this without even consulting me! I LOVED IT!) So I actually booked the date to go, which was totally fine. Because today was the PERFECT day, it was so nice out there in the desert. Granted it was five in the morning! :) Gavin actually got three certificates, and we wanted to take Breilyn, but you have to be at least five to ride, so we decided to take Ashley, Gavin's sister, (who is always SO fun to be with.) It was really a sweet activity, we went and flew over by Lake Pleasant Lake. The whole ride was about an hour and a half and we were able to see some cool wild life, like wild burrows (donkeys) we saw about 20+ head, it was crazy. It's cool, because they can get so close to the ground we were actually skimming the tops of trees. Then after the whole ride they give you a really yummy breakfast with orange juice, and sparkling cider or champaine (don't worry we resisted the temptation :) which was catered in. They set it all up right in the middle of the desert, because the pilot decides where he feels is a good spot to land the balloon and then just goes for it. (we pretty much took down a cholla cactus, the prickley scary cactus that jumps at you, so that side of the basket has to scoot away from it) Then at the end they gave each of us a certificate for the completion of Air Ballooning. It was all very cool, I recommend it. Next.......SKYDIVING!! I can't wait! :)

15 comments:
Looks like a lot of FUN! I am glad you got to do that. Someday I will go up in one...by myself of course, because Chad HATES heights and won't go with me! :( That was nice of Gavin to surprise you!
Rach- UNBELIEVABLE! Looks amazing.
ALRIGHT GIRL- WHEN ARE WE SKY DIVING?? I HAD OUR RESERVATIONS BOOKED FOR MARCH BUT CANCELLED TO DO THE CRUISE INSTEAD. I'LL TELL YOU WHERE THIS PLACE IS...my sister heidi and tanner went to this place and had a great experience! We'll make a day of it- IT WILL BE SO MUCH FUN! They actually video it for you too. We need to set a date soon!! Also- get scuba certified so we can plan our Katalina shark dive trip!!
Darling pictures- I'm glad you had fun. What a sweet hubbie!!
Hey Rachel! I personally wouldn't be caught dead in a hot air balloon. But, I am glad you are safe and had lots of fun. That's even more exciting that your husband planned it as a surprise! I am still waiting for Dave to plan something fun like that(only on the ground) without my knowledge. He is finally graduated now so he can focus and pick up on stuff like that more often. You have such a cute family! Good work!
Sounds like so much fun, and that was very sweet of Gavin to surprise you like that! I am with you... I want to go Skydiving... I am totally freaked, but I think it would be way fun!
What a great activity! Too bad we missed that one while we were there. Maybe we can do it in Oklahoma where we wont' have to worry about any jumping chollas. :)
Tonya
We went hot air ballooning last year with all of Jason's family. We had a blast. We actually got our 'pilots' to race. It was awesome seeing 6 a.m. over the desert. It really was beautiful. So glad you got the experience, one I think everyone should get to enjoy once in life.
All I can say is scary scary scary!
When we were driving out of town last week we saw the hot air balloons (we took the Carefree Hwy). My kids were so intrigued by it. Maybe it was you guys up there!
Looks like you guys have been up to a lot of! I bet that basketball is hilarious to watch! A hot air balloon ride sounds great, and skydiving is a ton of fun! I did it about 6 years ago! And about the girls trip, I think it'd be a blast, but I don't know if I'll beable to make it. What are all the plans?
Um wow! That sounds so fun and what a nice husband to surprise you!
That looks like a lot of fun! What a sweet and thoughtful husband. Skydiving is a lot of fun, go for it!
We saw hot air balloon rides yesterday and I was tempted to try it! It does look fun =) Loved reading up on all your posts, Breilyn has gotten soo big! That's funny she wanted Kyler back over. Don't temp me...I may pack a suitcase and doorbell/drop our little guy! Ha, just kidding. He is actually starting to talk a lot more and his tantrums are lessoning. Oh that's right...he didn't let you in on those during his stay! They always save the best for Mommy =) Oh well...hope you're enjoying your weekend!
Rachel- That looks so fun, I have never even thought of doing that! What a great husband you have.
Your blog is so cute! I am finally getting to see it! Sorry, it took me so long.
Luv ya girly!
Wow! How fun!
How fun! Richard would love that, I'm sure, but think I am too chicken. I like my feet on the ground.
Post a Comment