Saturday, February 14, 2009

House for sale....







Anyone want to buy a moldy house?? Yeah it's pretty disgusting! I went to one our rental properties to take pictures so we could list it, and this is what I found. The renter has been gone since November, and I guess she was all into drugs. So someone keeps coming back and turning on the water (even when the city has turned it off and the cops) and flooding the house. All of the tenants belonging are still in the house and she and her kids are no where to be found, so we don't know if she is in jail or dead. (the neigbors said that the police found a womans body a mile away from the house, but couldn't identify her) Her dogs were left in the house and the animal patrol actually had to put one down, because it was in such bad condition. They think this is all drug related and think that someone is flooding it to cover up a murder or the drugs in the house. I don't know, I'm really frustrated that I NEVER got a call from the police telling me about any of this. I guess they've had police reports through out the entire year of 08' about drug activity. But this is how I get to find out about anything. Kinda wrong. So I guess we'll be forclosing on this property, our insurance doesn't cover mold..how convenient, and there's no way I'm putting money into this property. There is literally mold everywhere, it's actually coming through to the outside. The window metal sills are filled with water and the mold is on everything...look at the pics up close. There is even grass growing out of the carpet...yes GRASS.








4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Rachel!
Please let me buy this house! Please please please! ha! Thanks for the pictures, and I am now not feeling so bad that we have 3 rental properties that have good renters. That is disgusting!

Tanner Fam said...

I'm glad you blogged about this. I've been waiting to see the pictures. Seriously, that house needs a match and a can of aerisol. Can I have dibs on that couch before you do it though?

my mudda' calls me jack said...

That is sooo awful. I can't believe that there is no way to hold anyone responsible for the wreckage!!!! So sorry!

Nicole said...

I'll give you $1000 for the house. Sorry you have to deal with this!